Sunday 30 March 2014

The first complete draft of my music video (with side notes.)

It was hard to screen capture the production process for my music video as I used an external editing suite with no internet access. By using this equipment I had no way of screen-shotting my work in progress and uploading each stage here onto my blog, hopefully this shouldn't hinder my overall marks greatly.

For a first draft I am surprisingly happy with how my music video has turned out so far, and think that only a few editing tweaks and replacement of certain shots will be needed to improve.

I did not stick with the intended story from my storyboard of my actors having a happy ending to their friendship as I had excess shots of darker, more depressing scenes. I think that with the mood of the song, my altered story fits better and overall works because of the low-key tone of the song lyrics.

In the end I edited the story so that for my main character (Nathan - the male) all of the negative memories of him and the girl (Georgina) build up and up throughout the video as they try to put aside their differences and fail. Eventually this gets too much for Nathan, as he burns all evidence of his existence at his home and takes off on his motorcycle to seek refuge elsewhere.

The end of the video showing him burning his possessions reveals the purpose of the intertwining story line behind the shots of the fire early on in the video. The fire is also used on the roaring first chorus of the song to symbolise passion and hatred.


No comments:

Post a Comment