Thursday 27 March 2014

How my product would look in an album artwork viewer within iTunes.


To construct this image, I imported a screenshot from my iTunes library of the album artwork viewer layout into a photoshop project, opened my front cover and overlayed the image to the correct proportions.

I used the colour picker to select the black on the bottom of the screenshot, I then covered up the previous artists name and song title, and replaced it with mine using an almost identical font style. I then duplicated my front cover image, turned it upside down and reduced the opacity, to create a mirror effect like other CD's in the image.

Once again, I think if my product were a real album it would fit perfectly alongside already established artists CD'S. As previously mentioned in my last post, I think this due to the fact that my front cover fits the conventions of it's surrounding examples, which feature a stand out main image and the artists name alongside the album title most commonly.

I also think the layout of my front cover looks clean, yet not too simple due to the vibrant colours within the image. This is the effect that I was attempting to achieve when producing my digipak, which I think I have fulfilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment